Friday, October 12, 2012

The Jury Room (Downtown / Discovery District)

A few weeks ago, my husband and I visited one of our favorite Columbus restaurants with a friend of ours. As usual, we left with happy tummies and lights hearts. :)

Where: The Jury Room (22 East Mound Street, Columbus), in the Downtown/Discovery District area.

What I Ate: Soup & Sandwich (An Autumn Classic) - Creamy Summer Veggie Soup (mushrooms, artichokes, peppers, onion, etc) and Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese (onions & provolone with au jus dipping sauce)


On The Side: Shared Fried Zucchini appetizer & a yummy Hoof Hearted Beer

Price: $$$ (under $15)


What My Friends Ate: Creamy Pesto Pizza, Chicken Parmesan with Gnocchi

Vibe: Historic Chic ... I've heard that this is the longest continuously running bar in Columbus ... though I can't prove that. It definitely has a historic vibe in regard to the decor as well. And perhaps its even haunted!

Menu highlights: it's veg & vegan friendly which is awesome! Pasta dishes come in half and full serving sizes which is also awesome. And a third awesome thing is that you can get zucchini strips in lieu of classic pasta. I've tried it and its yummy!

Overall - we loved it! As I said before, it's one of our favorite cbus stops ... Sometimes the service is slow though, so be sure to order an app if you're starving.
zucchini sticks
my meal - soup & sammy
hubs' meal - chicken parm w/ gnocchi!
j's smiley pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment